This year’s league will run on Thursdays from November 8th to December 13th and then from January 3rd to February 7th. The Santa Run will take place on December 20th and will be separate to the league.
This year we will run a league format over a single 5KM distance this is how it works. This is not too dissimilar to how things have always worked:
- On your first night you will set a benchmark time. This will determine your first handicap.
- Handicaps will be at 30 second intervals starting at 7pm. So if you have a 0 minute handicap you start at 7pm, if you have a 2 minute handicap you will start when the clock says 2 minutes and so on.
- Once you start your run the aim is to finish as high up the finishing order as possible. The higher your finish the more points you accumulate. Remember, because of the handicap system, slower runners get a head start so anybody has the opportunity to finish first.
- After each run your handicap will be recalculated for the next night to keep things fair. Handicaps are printed and displayed in the RSC reception before each run and also available online.
- To register a score at the end of the league you must complete 9 runs. Your 8 best finishes will be used for your final score.
You must start on your correct handicap every night. Running off the wrong handicap will result in no score for that run.
You can enter online now by clicking here
Alternatively registration on the night will be from 6pm at the Waterford Regional Sports Centre on the Cork Rd (aka ‘The Track’).
If you can’t commit to the full series…no problem, you can choose the pay as you go option! Simply pay a €5 fee for your chip on the first night, as well as a weekly rate of €4 per run.
We want to make sure you all stay safe so please adhere to the rules below.
- Vis vests must be worn (if you don’t have one we will be selling them on the night)
- No headphones of any description
- Refrain from running on the road
- Listen to the marshals